Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Creating - Designing -Sewing

Tryng my hand at designing today. Many years I designed and made clothes for my daughter because she always wanted to be different, she wanted her clothes to be her own personal statement. Then as she grew older she would buy her clothes and bring them home for mom to alter or remake, This some times was even harder than making the item from scratch.  I miss those days now, when at the time I would complain I now would love to have her close enough for her to come running to mom "Please fix this, I need it yesterday" .
When she was 13  I sewed for over a month solid, designing and making her a complete wardrobe to go to youth camp. Yes I loved and still love my daughter.
I also used to sew for my son, when he was younger .  I made his little shorts and even made him a little Easter suit one year because I couldn't afford to buy him one.
Now I sew very rarely but this year I have done more. and have enjoyed doing it. I made my daughter an Easter Dress and then I have been sewing for my Daughter n luv.  But today I am sewing for myself which I haven't done since the late 80's early 90's.  Actually I am redesigning a T-Shirt.  Wish me success.


1 comment:

  1. Good! You should make more for yourself. It's been so hot, those decorated t-shirts would be nice for you. Oh, and I like your photo challenge pictures. I couldn't get a cloud picture today the sky is just blue and bright.

    ReplyDelete