Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grasshoppers

YUCK! Grasshoppers everywhere.  

The weather here in Oklahoma/Arkansas for the past few weeks has been hot and dry, everything is dying the grass, flowers, trees  everything can't afford the cost of keeping everything alive so I pick and choose what to water. I so want my tomatoes to survive s I have been really trying to care for them. Just the thought of fresh tomatoes, Yummmm.
Oh yeah , back to grasshoppers they are everywhere eating the crops. and being annoying.  Last night after church I had to run to the little Homeland store in Jay to get some Chips (Crisps) for my English friends, we always have a bite to eat after Bible Study Wednesday night  (Whew studying makes a body hungry). 
Anyway while in the store at the register checking out something hit me in the neck I turned to see who was throwing things as I swiped at my stinging neck and something whizzed passed me. With a raised eyebrow I asked what was that and the girl at the register said a big grasshopper   EWWW!   Wow when he landed on my neck it felt like someone had hit me with a huge spit wad. 
Then back at the church after our snack and fellowship we heard something that sounded like large raindrops hitting the windows in the front of the church so we checked it we were being blessed by the abundance of rain and to our surprise, once again it was grasshoppers attracted to the light in the windows knocking to get in.
Grasshoppers as a child I used to catch them in our school milk cartons now I try to run from them.   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment