Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesdays Ramblings

Washing is there ever an end to the pile of laundry? It seems to grow even larger as you take from it. My superman designed and built me a 3 compartment rolling laundry basket this year it is great! He has two of the compartments and I have one and it seems as if he can fill both of his compartments in one weekend. It is a never ending pile of mens clothing.  Yet I will continue washing his clothes because he is my special someone.
I am trying to prepare my home for a holiday. My husband I as I have mentioned in one of my earlier blogs are heading to California to visit our daughter and our first grandson. We are getting so excited, the day of departure is getting nearer. I do not like to leave my house with any thing out of place. I guess I am morbid but I like to feel that if any misfortune were to happened my home would be guest ready.   In other words no one would be able to say I didn't keep a clean home in my Eulogy. I know I'm CRAZY.
Any way I am diligently summer cleaning my house and garden.
Last week I lost 4 days to my broken Air conditioner because my house was so hot inside (92 degrees)  I could  not work, so this week I am trying to make up for lost time.

List of things completed:
     Furniture cleaned 
                  couch - vacuumed and all cushions turned  (will air cushions day before I leave) 
                  washing - completely caught up 
                 master closet - vacuumed, shelves tidied, air freshener replaced
                 dresser drawers - everything refolded and tidied
                 Guest bedroom - tidied and refreshed

Things yet to be done:
               Kitchen - cabinets tidied
               Bathrooms - must do a final everyday clean, hang fresh towels
               Laundry room - last minute tidy
               Floors - vacuum, sweep, mop
               Final dusting of all furniture.
               Garden - mowing and weeding  hopefully my husband can get it done.
 
   Whew I'm tired just thinking about it. I really need to get off here and get some more done before this day is over.  Wait I have a bit more Ice Tea so I have an excuse to sit here and write.

There is one room in my home I am not going to worry about and that is our garage/den it is piled with treasures right now it is sewing room/video room, and  my husbands play room. I am trying to get him to make it into his man cave and I would then take over the small bedroom he uses for his study.   I have been working on him now for 6 months.
ok I will stop now and get back to work.
Bye -Bye        8^D


No comments:

Post a Comment